Dear minifootball supporters,
In the introduction, let me welcome you to the website of the World Minifootball Federation, the website of the second most popular sport in the world that is played not only by people but also by animals (see e.g. minifootball tournaments of elephants in Nepal or Thailand).
Minifootball is undoubtedly a progressively growing sport that brings people together and gives them a sense of belonging. It’s an amateur sport for everyone, regardless of age, sex, vitality and social status. Minifootball is also a suitable product of social inclusion of ethnic minorities and socially disadvantaged individuals. Among other things it eliminates the idea of cultural differences and it doesn’t distinguish the color of skin, but the color of the jerseys. In many countries, mostly in Africa, minifootball is also a tool for crime prevention.
It should also be noted that minifootball connects cultures of individual communities to such an extent that their differences are totally forgotten and they are united to one interest, which –in this case – is minifootball. I am glad that minifootball events connect people and they build bridges of tolerance. I am aware that minifootball alone does not solve all problems, but thanks to it the society will at least be aware that there are ways to understand differences and tolerate them.
We are all with the same color of blood. However, if someone does not belong to the majority population, for this person it is generally difficult to integrate into a society that is often driven by incorrect preconceptions and prejudice. Therefore I am glad that minifootball helps to burn this intolerance.
One of the main objectives of minifootball is to show people an easy way to do sports. Not to admire sports-stars only from the couch at home, but to assemble a team and become a participant of it, to participate in the game. Minifootball shows people a path to enjoy sports actively.
As the President of the World Minifootball Federation I would like to present five basic points that are the pillars of stability and development of minifootball:
- Development of information technologies at all levels, from regional organizations to the World Minifootball Federation. This development is very closely tied to the financial support of continental, national and regional associations.
- Greater publicity and marketing that will bring development of the minifootball membership. I am fully aware that if there is a quality product, which undoubtedly minifootball is, it is the foundation of success. There needs to be a well set marketing so that people got knowledge of the product. At this point it needs to be said that minifootball players should become protagonists of their team. I would like to realize this through the local media and periodicals.
- Support of economically poor countries, in conjunction with state resorts of selected countries, where minifootball plays the role of an instrument of crime prevention and social inclusion.
- Minifootball infrastructure support to offer minifootball fields close to players’ homes.
- Ensure professional service to our sponsors and partners according to their wishes. Our goal is their satisfaction. I am fully aware that people who invest in minifootball become its partners and a minifootball success is their success, the relationship is symbiotic. I feel responsibility to the people who trust me and I hope that to these investors minifootball will repay their dividends.
Personally, minifootball is a heart matter since 1998 when I started organizing the first official minifootball competition. I have always been convinced that my home is where my “heart” beats. The “heart” of minifootball beats on all inhabited continents. Therefore whether I am in Europe or on another continent, thanks to this sport I feel everywhere as at home.
“Minifootball. Made by heart, finished by mind.
President of WMF